Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Plantar Fasciitis Can Kiss My Gluteus Maximus

Speed-walking grandma was back at the Y track tonight, along with blonde weight lifter guy and social hour girls.

I was also back after my self-imposed exile. It snowed last night, then melted off during the day but I still canceled my run with Prabir to opt for the safety of the indoor track.

My foot is still kind of aching, but no as much as it did last week. Instead the various other joints of my left leg hurt instead - ankle, hip, knee. I figure that I'm thinking too much about my foot hurting and over compensating by adjusting my stride and running funny. When I let my mind go blank and just run, I found that nothing hurt any more than usual.

Garmin doesn't work inside, so I used my trusty Timex. My splits worked out like this:

Mile 1 - 9:20
Mile 2 - 9:00
Mile 3 - 8:57
Mile 4 - 8:48

Total - 36:05

I see negative splits.

Take that, plantar fasciitis. I hope that I'll be able to do the full 9 I'm schedule for on Wednesday or I will feel officially behind.

In happier news, today I debuted my new Lulu Define (which inspired the Lululemon Monster post). I just have to share how adorable it looked with my favorite Lulu running skirt:

Totally. Worth it.
I also wanted to take a minute to share my newest apparel obsession, BIC Bands. When my cheapo drugstore headband popped off my head mid run (despite being secured with a barrette) for the umpteenth time, I decided to take the dive and give BIC Bands a try. Skinny Runner constantly raves about how much she loves them, so I figured they must be worth it.

This is Skinny Sparkle Gunmetal

I am happy to report that these live up to their reputation. I've been using this one for two weeks now (including at the Virginia is for Lovers 14k) and there has been no slipping at all. I love it so much that I ordered two more (whoops), one in bright green for the Shamrock Half and a black and the Minnie American in Paris only because it had "Paris" in the title and I'm a sucker.

Oh, and besides being awesomely cute and slip proof, BIC Bands gives back a portion of their profits each month to a different charity. How great is that?


1 comment:

  1. You totally convinced me to get a Bic band after your marvelous gerry-rigging of the diffuser over the weekend. Plus you look adorbs in it too.

    I tried clicking on it from your link in your blog and was really confused, however, because your link is to "bigbands.com" hehe. :) But I is smeart enuf to figure it out.

    ReplyDelete