Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Fat Tuesday

I have an announcement.

I have decided to give up running for Lent. Forget about that half marathon that I've already shelled out $300 to participate in. And all those miles I have logged in training. And the arm warmers, tank, and sparkly BIC Band that I bought just for that race. And the new shoes that haven't even arrived yet. Forget it!

.... just kidding.

But I am  giving up two things for Lent.


Starbucks. Adieu, beloved Caramel Macchiato, until April.
Image Source

And Luluemon.

Yes folks, you read it here first. I'm going to refrain from purchasing overpriced lattes and workout clothing for the next 40 days.

In honor of Fat Tuesday, I stopped by Starbucks on my way to work and got a grande Caramel Macchiato, which I then drank extremely slowly (it took me an hour to get through it).

And I bought one last piece of Lululemon:

Cool Racerbreak Stripe Ribbed in Paris Pink
(because we all know that if 'Paris' describes an item, I must have it)

Hopefully my abstinence from these two will help my wallet get fatter over the next 40 days.

Or, I will just go on a crazy Starbucks-fueled Lululemon buying binge on April 9.

It's really a toss up. Only time will tell.

Are you giving up anything for Lent?

1 comment:

  1. I gave up sodey pop!

    I'm also giving up my car - that is, I am now going to be riding my bike to work (except on days where the weather is terrible or I have to bring something bulky in). HOOray!

    ReplyDelete