Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Arrivederci

This morning, I did what any rational person would do 24 hours out from a 13 day Italian vacation:

I ran 10 miles!

I finally met Jill (of Run Jilly Bean) today, meeting up with her and her Saturday running group at 7:30 am for a 10 miler. As always, I was so happy to meet a previously-only-stalked-via-blog-friend in real life as well as some fabulous Richmond runners including Emma of A Mom Runs This Town and lots of others. 10 miles goes by so fast when you're getting to know new people and as runners, there is always something  (usually lots of things) that you will have in common.

To be honest, those 1.5 hours were the least stressed I've been all week! I just can't believe that tomorrow is May 5 and we really will be getting on a plane and leaving for Rome.

Yesterday, Husband and I spent the entire day cleaning the house and packing. It was pretty exhausting. But I think we are finally ready to go... or as ready as we'll ever be.

All checked in - it's really happening!

Running shoes are packed!
And I had space left over! IT'S A MIRACLE.
We will be dependent on Italian WiFi, so I'm not sure how much blogging I'll be able to do. I'm going to try to check in at least once from each city, so prepare yourself for gratuitous food photos and shots of the various places we'll be visiting (Rome, Pompei, Positano, Florence, Pisa, and Venice!).

For now, arrivederci to the US and buon girno to Italia!

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy Italy!! I would love to join the running group as soon as I get back in semi-post baby shape!

    ReplyDelete