Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

26.2 for Boston

Like many other runners, in the immediate aftermath of Boston (2 weeks ago already... crazy...), I joined in on a few different "Run for Boston" movements happening on social media. One was Run for Boston 4/17 and the other is a month long "event" Run 26.2 for Boston.

On Saturday, I completed my first 26.2 for Boston. This consisted of 4 - 5 mile runs and one 6.2 mile run. Here's the montage:

April 17

April 19

April 22

April 25

April 27

I'm looking forward to trying to get another 26.2 in before the end of the event on May 15.

In a lot of ways, I feel over saturated and overwhelmed by the continued focus on Boston. But then I think of the people whose lives were shattered that day and who live (and will live) with that reality every day. That's why I've decided to not stop at 26.2 but will continue on, dedicated all my miles to Boston through the 15th.

*On a side note, as I finished my 10k on Saturday, I realized that it took me 10 days to fit in 26.2 miles... and that in just 6 short months, I will be running 26.2 miles all at once. Commence marathon anxiety.

No comments:

Post a Comment