Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Things I Believe Thursday XV

I believe that there is nothing worse than being reminded that we are all essentially powerless.

I am a control freak (or try to be). 90% of the time, I live in a fantasy world where what happens to me and around me can somehow be influenced and/or controlled by me.

Right now, my delusions are shattered. I feel that it matters not a fig how much I plan and plot or how much I try to do what I should to prevent X or make X happen. Major forces that impact my life are completely out of my realm of control. There is nothing that I can do but sit and watch (while stuffing my face with the closest available junk food. This morning that was a Dixie Donut, leftover from yesterday).

It makes me feel crazy, insignificant, and terrified all at the same time. And I hate it.

2 comments:

  1. I cannot say that you are wrong, but I do not share your belief on this one. We may not be able to control every outside force in our lives or even how we necessarily feel about those forces. But we do have a certain level of control and influence on how we react to those forces and feelings. And how we react to life’s hurdles, barbs, and arrows can have a huge affect on the quality of our lives as a whole. I hope something awesome happens today to remind you that you are not at all “powerless.” Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, and I should add the additional belief that I do react badly to these kinds of situations... and I know that I do.

      Delete