Pages

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Things I Believe Thursday I

While driving to my physical therapy appointment this morning, I heard a segment on my local public radio station called "This I Believe." Here's what it is all about:

"This I Believe is an international organization engaging people in writing and sharing essays describing the core values that guide their daily lives. Some 100,000 of these essays, written by people from all walks of life, are archived here on our website, heard on public radio, chronicled through our books, and featured in weekly podcasts. The project is based on the popular 1950s radio series of the same name hosted by Edward R. Murrow." (from ThisIBelieve.org)

What a cool project, right?

I've been trying to come up with some kind of weekly feature for the blog and struggling a bit. There are the standbys of the blogging world ("Thankful" day, "Worldless" day, "What I Ate" day, etc) but I wanted to do something a little different.

So, I'm going to do a take off on This I Believe (mainly because This I Believe is copyrighted!) and call my little series Things I Believe Thursday. Like most people, lots of weird and random thoughts covering a huge variety of subjects cross my mind every day. I'm hoping the series will be an illuminating look at the crazy mish mash of things that drive me and make me who I am. 

So without further ado, may I present Things I Believe Thursday #1.

I believe that Christmas/holiday music should not be allowed until December 1.

The fact that our local light radio station is already playing Christmas music 24/7 makes me feel very hostile. November is for fall and Thanksgiving. NOT FOR CHRISTMAS.


On a lighter note, I also believe that an awesome paisely pencil skirt automatically makes any day better.



No comments:

Post a Comment