Pages

Monday, September 9, 2013

Richmond Marathon Training Take 2 - Weeks 13 & 14 Omnibus

I'm a little bit behind.

Week 13


3 runs for 19 miles
One mile swim

Week 14


2 runs for 24 miles

Running miles logged so far: 286.6

Training highlights:

  • Distance PR with Sunday's 18 miler. I am especially proud of this as it was only 2 days after arriving back from Germany and with a busted big toe.
  • Logging 13 miles in the crisp, clear air of the Palatinate Forest in Germany.

Training lowlights:

  • All of the pre-run anxiety I experienced on the Saturday before the 18 miler
  • I'm really missing my teammates - due to various conflicts, I haven't run with Navy for 3 weeks and will again miss this coming Saturday.
  • Being off from my mileage goals due to vacation and the complete lack of cross training while in Germany.
  • First try of Gu at the 16 mile SAG stop which did not turn out so well. It made my throat feel thick and gross for the rest of the run. No Gu for me; I'm sticking with Mike & Ikes and pretzels.

Hydration belt status:

  • Pure as the driven snow

Gold star of the week:

  • Teresa, a fellow Team Navy member who ran on Sunday with me. We make pretty awesome running partners and she definitely got me through this 18. I'm not sure I could have done it without her.

Today I was determined to get back on track with my usual Monday, Wednesday, Saturday running routine so I did something pretty insane by meeting Greg at the track for my speed work this morning... a mere 24 hours after the 18 miler. It went pretty well and didn't seem to be that big a deal immediately afterwards, but this evening my thighs feel like jelly and going down stairs is not a pleasant activity. Tomorrow is a definite rest day.

This Saturday is the long-awaited Divas Half Marathon in Virginia Wine Country. Marcey and I will be attending together - she is doing the 5k - and we are going to enjoy a weekend of girl time at the Landsdown Resort. Aside from the race, there will be fluffy robes, wine, little black dresses, and a fancy dinner. I'm really looking forward to it (especially the wine part).

No comments:

Post a Comment