Pages

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Ice Cream Break

Today, Bev's tweeted that they had Key Lime Pie Ice Cream.

Obviously, I had to go get some right away.


This was a mini-celebration, as I managed to run 6.75 miles this morning relatively pain free.

Yup. You heard me.

On Wednesday, I put up a pathetic plea on the Team Navy Facebook Group, asking if there was anyone willing to accompany me on my Thursday 6-7 miler in case of the worst. I didn't want to be alone if I broke. 

My awesome teammate Kit responded that he'd be glad to provide the assist. Kit and I often end up running together near the front of the pack during MTT long runs. We are generally a good match for each other, although we both admit to being terrible pacers and running much too fast. I was absolutely thrilled that he was willing to wake up early on a vacation day and come run with me.

Despite serious humidity and a bit of a route fail by me (we had intended on running 7... didn't quite make it), we had a great tempo run with an average pace of 8:15 (!). 

Based on this, I'm gonna go with the theory that that tiny piece of glass was the culprit and that I am now 100% healed. 

And I am also 100% tired. What I want to do right now is take a clue from Wonton, the resident cat of the used book store Chop Suey Tuey, who I espied doing this in the window:

Tough life.

But alas, I am a not a cat but a human with a job and responsibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment