Pages

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Confirmation That I Am Not 100% Crazy

Do you guys remember a few weeks ago, when I reported that I had stepped on something in my kitchen and it had lodged itself into my right foot?

I didn't mention it again, but I obsessed over it for weeks.

I know... me? Obsessive? NEVER.

My friends, mother, and Husband all patiently told me to just chill out; it would work its way out and no, I wouldn't have to go get it surgically removed. After a while it stopped hurting so I figured that the 50 epsom salt soaks had finally done their trick, but was not 100% convinced that the glass was out.

Then yesterday afternoon, I was walking toward the parking lot with my co-worker Emily when all of a sudden there it was again - that sharp, stabbing pain in the ball of my foot.

"Are you SERIOUS?!?!" I said.

Truly, I am at the end of my rope when it comes to foot pain.

I parked myself immediately on the nearest bench and yanked off my sandal. Sure enough, I could see something sticking out of my foot.

Luckily, Emily came to the rescue and pulled a pair of tweezers from her purse and I proceeded to pull this out of my foot:

Ring for size reference
That's the glass that was still stuck in my foot.

Now I feel completely justified in my excessive anxiety.

And now I'm wondering if that tiny piece of glass is what has been causing all of my problems. It seems unlikely, but you never know. Maybe my body still knew it was in there and forced me to change my gait which caused the foot pain.

... or maybe I am just about 5% crazy and just making this crap up as I go along.

In other news, I went for a timid 4 mile run on the treadmill yesterday morning, wearing my Pinks. I was aware of my foot but pain did not increase as I continued. Afterwards, it felt 95% normal all day and in the afternoon, I had actually completely forgotten about it for a little while.

Stay tuned for the next episode of Kathryn's Foot Drama. It's totally riveting, yeah?

2 comments:

  1. I bet that caused all your problems. It will make your foot clench up in unexpected ways and cause all kinds of weird aches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Fingers crossed that was the culprit. It's like your own game of Clue.

    ReplyDelete