Pages

Friday, August 17, 2012

Richmond Marathon Training - Week 6

This post is early because tomorrow at 6 am I am headed to Key West and I'm not running a step again until Monday!

Meadnwhile, I'm 1/3 of the way through my marathon training and I'm still alive!




3 runs for 17 miles (4 behind my goal of 21), one Slim in 6 workout video (never again).

Of course the first third of marathon training is also the easiest... so far I haven't had a "longest distance EVER" run, with my longest being a 12 miler last weekend.

Training highlights:
  • Going out of my comfort zone by working out on my lunch hour and inbetween work and meetings

Training lowlights:
  • A Slim in 6 video that totally kicked my a$$ and made my legs hurt for the next 3 days
  • A very busy week after work schedule and headed to Key West tomorrow (which actually is a good thing) means that I didn't hit my mileage goal for the first time in training
I'm trying not to let the fact that I didn't hit my mileage goal bother me. Not getting in 4 additional miles this week won't make or break my training as long as I get back in the saddle next week.

While in Florida I am determined to get at least one run in. Whether it will be on the beach or the resort treadmill is yet to be determined... but it will happen, probably on Monday.

I am also determined to stuff my face with as much Key Lime Pie as possible.


Image Source

And enjoy some serious QT with the other half of Team Wino.


No comments:

Post a Comment