Pages

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pluses & Minuses

+ After a long break, Prabir and I were set to run together again this evening.

- It was really stinking hot this evening, and then Prabir's OMK blew out at mile 2.5 so we had to walk the rest.

+ I wore my new favorite running top, the Under Armour Fly By Stretch Mesh Tank. This thing is seriously amazing. The mesh is so light that when you slip on the shirt, it doesn't even feel like you've put anything on. Was I hot during the run? Yes, but this tank kept air moving around me and next to my skin. It doesn't stick to you, it's loose but doesn't look like a mumu. I love it so much that I bought 2.


- It was hot. And now I'm afraid that I'm going to totally tank during my summer time marathon training.

- At lunch today, I went to run some errands at the grocery store. When I got to check out and reached for my wallet it wasn't there. Commence freak out.

+ When I got home, I found my wallet.


+ or - When I got home, there was also something waiting for me in the mailbox:

Some new Lulu! I broke my fast after 2 long months with
a purchase from the Lululemon Exchange. Please ignore my sweaty
appearance. This was post 88 degree run.

+ This was also in my mailbox:

Thank God lent is over. 


+ I went to yoga last night for the first time in 2 months.

- Our instructor decided that last night we were going to work toward yoga split. This is what a yoga split looks like when done successfully. I can guarantee you I did NOT look like this.

Image Source

+ But we also did two of my favorite poses - intense side angle and half bound lotus.

+ or - Thanks to tonight's failed run, I think I might attempt to wake up tomorrow morning at 6:15 and run 2 miles. Then do another 3-4 miles at the Y track after work (it's supposed to be 90 degrees and humid tomorrow).

No comments:

Post a Comment