Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm Going to Boston!!

But not to run the marathon. I doubt that I will ever qualify to run Boston (maybe someday I will eat these words, which would be nice, but I doubt it).


Image source

No, instead Husband and I are headed to Boston for a long weekend that will include Wagamama, the Boston Symphony playing John Williams movie music conducted by John Williams in Symphony Hall (I can barely contain my excitement over this one, for real!!! I've been dreaming of seeing the BSO in Boston since I was about 10 years old), the Sam Adams Brewery Tour, Fenway Park, hopefully  the Freedom Trail 5k Running Tour (if the weather holds on Saturday), Boston Fine Arts Museum, and of course plenty of delicious food.

I had planned on updating live from Boston, but discovered last night that our stupid hotel does not offer free wifi or Internet access of any kind in its rooms. One thing I will never understand is why "upscale" hotels like Hilton, Marriot, and Westin - which you pay out the nose to stay in - then turn around and charge $15 a day for Internet access in the room. Hey guys, Starbucks gives that away for free! Stingy JERKS. /end rant

Anyhow, I'm sure once we get back I'll be posting a review of the Freedom Trail 5k and other adventures. Like seeing John Williams conduct the Boston Symphony playing John Williams.

No comments:

Post a Comment