Pages

Monday, November 11, 2013

Richmond Marathon Training Take 2 - Week 23

Here it is, my last full week of training.


3 runs for 19.7 miles
1 mile swim

Running miles logged so far: 550.7

Training highlights:

  • Wednesday's run was, without a doubt, the most wonderful outing of the entire training cycle. I still get goosebumps when I think about it.

Training lowlights:
  • Saturday was the last training run with my MTT teammates. Making matters even worse, poor Theresa was feeling under the weather and couldn't make it. The run itself turned out to be a good one, but it was definitely bittersweet. For the record, it DID take me longer to figure out the route than it took us to run it... we did 8 miles in a blazing 1:04 minutes; I worked on figuring out the route for half the day. And I didn't even get all of it right.


  • I've been having on and off back pain for about a month now. It's the lower left quadrant of my back and it has been a kind of nagging thing for a long time (from before I became a crazy runner). It was doing better since we got into November but then flared up big time on Friday. Because I don't have anything else to blame, I'm going to say that it is swimming that is causing it and therefore I am finished with swimming until after the marathon.

Gold star of the week:
  • Greg, for coming up with Wednesday's spectacular route.

So... plans for the upcoming week are pretty simple. 

Don't freak out.

No comments:

Post a Comment