Pages

Monday, December 31, 2012

The Year In Running 2012


4 PRs



Nine races



Over 600 miles



My first half marathon



3 pairs of shoes



My first running injury



Countless new running friends



3 months on the figurative bench



My first 30 mile week



One new lease on running life






Best race experience.


Running down the 2 hour pacing group


and beating them to the finish line


at my first half marathon.




Best run.


A perfect-weather 5 miler in June with


Siri and Greg that introduced me


to one of my favorite new routes


and a gorgeous side of this city


that I hadn't known before.




Best new piece of gear.


My Brooks PureCadence




Best piece of running advice.


Make friends, join a group, make it social.


Not from anyone in particular, but


something I've picked up and taken to heart.


The difference it makes is staggering.



Most inspirational runner.


I was inspired by all of the ladies of the


Run Like a Girl running group,


who went to Boston


and brought it, even in the hot weather.




And the 80 year old man who I had the


honor of giving a medal to


at the end of the Richmond Marathon.




Sum up your year in a couple of words.


Wonderful, heart-breaking, elevating 


2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a pretty great year. What were the PRs if you don’t mind me asking? I’m already registered for 5 races this year including the Shamrock. I’m hoping for a much better year ahead than the one I’m leaving behind, and I’m pretty sure I can do that running. Happy New Year. Have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I replied to your comment in my head a few days ago and just realized I never actually put the proverbial "pen to paper..."

      My PRs were:
      Run Like a Girl 8k 44:20
      Wolftrap Run for the Arts 5k 25:05
      Monument Avenue 10k 53:22
      Anthem Shamrock Half Marathon 1:59:05

      The half was also my first soooo it is kind of a fake PR but I still like to count it because I got the sub-2:00 that I had hoped for.

      My crazy self has already committed to 8 races... 2 were deferred entries from 2012 (thanks to the broken foot).

      Running makes everything better - I'm sure you're going to have an amazing year! Any races in Richmond?

      Delete