Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Here Goes Nothing!

This week is my first official week of training for the Anthem Richmond Marathon!

I was a little bit nervous about things being official until I realized that my first week of training calls for a measley total of 19 miles... and this after getting overly-confident and upgrading my training plan from Hal Higdon Novice 1 to Novice 2. I'm still a little bit scared if I look at what I'm going to be running come September and October, but for now I'm playing my best Scarlett O'Hara Hamilton Kennedy Butler:


I can't think about that right now. If I do, I'll go crazy. I'll think about that tomorrow.

Anyhow... just two weeks ago I did a 30 mile week, my most mileage-per-week ever (which won't happen again until September, if I am a good girl and follow my plan), followed by a completely lazy 8 miles in the past 7 days. I figured I deserved a break before the real training started, but honestly I was chomping at the bit the whole week and hated not running.

The 30 mile week was a pretty stupid endeavor, however, as it made my posterior tibialis injury flare up. New BFF Steve scolded me for my 10 mile treadmill escapade and made me promise to not do anything like that again until my training plan calls for it.

I'm going to try to faithfully write a weekly training review each Saturday or Sunday (key word being "try") as well as the usual prattle, recipes, reasons to run, and Richmond raves.

So... here goes nothing.

1 comment:

  1. Yayyy this post just made me so happy!!

    You are going to rock your first marathon! And you don't need to worry about doing any super high mileage weeks or anything, you'll be fine-- I averaged about 32 miles leading up to my last marathon and surpassed my goals...this summer I'm toying with higher mileage to see if it helps at all, just gotta make sure I avoid getting injured.

    Are you doing the MTT?? If so what time/day?

    ReplyDelete